Physiotherapists have an advanced understanding of how the body moves, what keeps it moving well and how to restore mobility. Physiotherapists are skilled in the assessment and management of a broad range of conditions that affect the musculoskeletal, circulatory, respiratory and nervous systems.
Some of the ways physiotherapy can help:
- Address physical challenges associated with back pain, arthritis, repetitive strain injury, etc.
- Attend to sports injuries and provide advice on prevention and recurrence
- Direct care for children with pediatric conditions such as developmental delay, fractures and cardiorespiratory conditions
- Get you back on your feet after surgery
- Help you manage the physical complications of cancer and its treatment
- Maximize your mobility if you have a neurological disorder such as stroke, spinal cord injury or Parkinson's disease
- Provide pre- and post-natal care and attend to other women's health conditions
- Treat neck and back pain and other joint injuries
- Work with you to treat and manage respiratory and cardiac conditions