A pedorthist is an individual who is trained in the manufacturing, fitting and modification of orthotics.
Benefits of Orthotics:
- Alleviate painful or debilitating conditions of the lower limb
- Accommodate foot deformities
- Re-align anatomical structures
- Redistribute external and internal forces
- Improve balance
- Control biomechanical function
Orthotics can accommodate circulatory special requirements and enhance the actions of limbs compromised by neural condition, accident, congenital deformity, or disease.