At Livewell Health and Physiotherapy we hope everyone is following the isolation protocol set out by Health Canada and filling their days with relaxation and family enjoyment! Effective immediately, we are providing virtual physiotherapy consultation and medical direction to help answer any questions you may have about your health and wellbeing. Our hope is to help patients determine if their situation requires an immediate visit to the Emergency Department, Family Practitioner, Emergency In-Clinic Assessment/Treatment, or a Guided Home Program until the clinic re-opens. Click here to read our patient requirements.
EMAIL US TO GET STARTED:
WHAT IS VIRTUAL PHYSIOTHERAPY:
Just because we’re are all social distancing, does not mean you cannot get the physiotherapy help you need! Virtual physiotherapy allows us to delivery remote health care services and connect with our patients via secure email, phone, or videoconference platforms. Our team of physiotherapist will be completing all consultations to provide effective assessment and treatments to our patients. We are able to provide continue care for our clients and can assess, treat, and education those with a wide range of injuries and ailments. Livewell Health and Physiotherapy is here for you and your health during this uncertain time and can help ease your pain from the comfort of your own home.
Some benefits of our virtual physiotherapy consultations include:
- Virtual face-to-face appointments
- One-on-one expertly guided therapy sessions
- Clear and concise step-by-step therapy and exercise instructions
- Real-time feedback and regular progress check-ins
- Coverage from many insurance plans
- Compatible with any device including mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and desktops
- Convenient appointment time selection
Our virtual physiotherapy consultations allow us to:
- Perform a full, personalized, and accurate assessment of your condition and physiotherapy needs
- Evaluate your strength, range of motion, and movement limitations to establish methods for managing your pain
- Recommend at-home exercises and stretches that we will carefully walk you through • Provide helpful video or photo aids to ensure all movements are done safely and properly
- Educate you on where your pain is originating from and how to avoid further pain
- Outline any additional treatments or mobilization techniques that will be beneficial
HOW OUR VIRTUAL PHYSIOTHERAPY WORKS:
STEP 1: EMAIL TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Email email@example.com to arrange a consultation. If you are a new client, this is your chance to outline what you hope to gain from physiotherapy so we know a little more about you before we begin. Please outline what days/times work best for you.
STEP 2: WELCOME EMAIL SENT AS CONFIRMATION
We will respond back to your email to confirm the date and time of your initial assessment with clear instructions. At this time, our team will also be able to answer any additional questions you may have about the process.
STEP 3: INITIAL VIRTUAL ASSESSMENT
We always begin with an initial assessment to collect important information, medical history, and examine your pain. From there, we will be able to create a personalized rehab and home exercise plan so you know exactly why your pain is occurring and how we plan to fix and prevent it.
STEP 4: GUIDED THERAPY SESSIONS
We will continue to guide you through regularly scheduled virtual therapy sessions. This will allow us to continue your rehab process, ensure you are doing your exercises safely and properly, and track your progress. Please feel free to ask any questions throughout these sessions.
STEP 5: FOLLOW UP
Throughout your physiotherapy journey we will continuously follow up and check-in with you. We want to ensure that all your physiotherapy needs are met and you are able to stay on track with maintaining your goals.